10 Home Décor Trends in Louisville
As far as Louisville homes go, 2016 is looking pretty stylish.
by MIKE HALL, Owner/Agent/Broker
Based on a few design articles, I have a list of 10 home décor trends for 2016 my Louisville friends should (or could) try.
- Heated Floors. Who doesn’t want warm feet?
- Wooden floors vs. carpet. Just avoid carpet altogether. Hardwood, stone and tile floors are more sanitary, plus you have an excuse to go shopping for an ever-classic, ever-popular and timeless, oriental rug.
- No TV in the living room. It gives more room for actual socializing.
- Fireplaces. Whether operative or not, fireplaces are becoming sought-after focal points once again.
- Black stainless steel appliances. A definite move has been made from ultra shiny to dulled sheen.
- Matte finish vs. shiny. Cover your silver and gold knobs and light fixtures with a neutral swath of paint.
- Miss-matched cabinetry. From raw, natural materials to multicolor, pairing two opposites makes for something one of a kind and stylish.
- Statement bathroom mirrors. Ditch the typical square/rectangle and go for a shape more unique.
- Better utilized and hidden storage. Whether it is deeper cabinetry in the kitchen, a staircase bookshelf or hollowed ottomans, sneaky and efficient storage is a must.
- High-tech, niche appliances. Installing a wine refrigerator? Niche appliances are great for resale marketing and added luxury.