10 Staging Tips to Make Your Louisville Home Sell this Spring
Give your home the spring freshness buyers are looking for.
By Mike Hall, Broker/Agent/Owner
Welcome future buyers with a spring-themed front porch.
Spring brings out more buyers who are hoping to use the mild weather and a fresh start to inspire their search for a dream home. Here are some tips from the experts on how to stage your home with spring in mind.
- Give your home the ol’ spring cleaning. The best way to present your home is with a fresh sparkle and shine.
- Give the floors and walls a little boost. Buff out the worn areas of the floors and give the walls a fresh wash, and you’ll be amazed at what a difference it makes.
- Bring in fresh, light colors. Put away the heavy blankets and swap them out for throws, pillows, candles, and other simple accessories in all of your favorite Easter basket hues.
- Let the sun warm the room – and the buyer! Pull open your currents and blinds and let fresh sunlight fill the room.
- Let spring scents accent each room. Use lightly scented candles or diffusers to create a subtle reminder of spring in the home.
- Use simple botanical accents to give the home a fresh feel. A few framed flower prints, especially in greens and light yellows, can help the home feel peaceful and tranquil.
- Clear the counters in the kitchen of all your useful appliances and tools, and replace them during showings with a bowl or plate of in-season fruits or veggies.
- Spring-up the front door. Remove wreaths and invite buyers in with a cheerful welcome mat, flower planter, or spring-theme sign.
- Remember the back door, too. Buyers are tired of fallen leaves and empty branches. Add a touch of spring to your back door with some flowering bulbs or succulents.
- Consider investing in a landscaper who will keep the yard looking pristine throughout the spring and summer seasons.
If you’re looking to buy or sell a house this spring, contact an agent today.