10 Things to Consider When Selling Your Home During a Pandemic
Posted by Mike Hall on Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 1:49 PM By Mike Hall / November 17, 2020 Comment
A Selling Q&A during COVID-19
by Mike Hall, Agent, Owner, Broker
Selling during a pandemic presents several new challenges
Thinking of selling your house? If it feels like a daunting process – especially during a pandemic – rest assured your Realtor will guide you through the steps. Discuss the following items with a Red Edge agent to make sure it’s a safe transaction for everyone involved.
- What is the housing market like right now? Will it take longer to sell during this crisis? Or is there a shortage of homes for sale in Louisville?
- Should I skip the open house? What are the rules for an open house in Kentucky?
- What about a “showing” kit? Do I need to supply gloves, shoe booties, masks and hand sanitizer?
- What are the best ways to encourage hand washing? Consider having bottles of disinfectant in strategic places and stock the bathrooms.
- How should I disinfect the house? You should wipe down all surfaces with disinfectant and antibacterial cleaners before and after each showing.
- Does it make sense to rent an interim house? Having some place else to live while you show your house will help keep the place spotless.
- What about setting up virtual showings? A virtual presentation of your house is 100% safe.
- Should I consider “E-Offers”? Do I need to make arrangements to accommodate online buyers?
- What kind of delays should I expect? Inspections and appraisals may take longer during the current health situation.
- Should I consider an online/remote closing? Keeping buyers and sellers in separate locations is another good safety measure.
It is possible to sell your house during COVID-19 and we’ll make safety a top priority.
Post a Comment