Fall Nesting: Version 2022
It may be hot in Louisville, but it’s time to think cozy for your indoor space
by Mike Hall
Warmly lit room with comfy throw inspires all the vibes.
August temperatures may soar, but our Louisvillian hearts start pining for brisk evenings and autumn afternoons.
No need to wait for Mother Nature. After all, we know she takes her sweet time in the Ohio Valley. Especially September through October.
While you may be sweating in the humidity of Kentuckiana, get a jump start on feeling “fall” inside your home with these design accents:
- Throw pillows: handknit and faux fur pillows are always inviting
- Rustic vases: Textured vases in organic shapes add movement to your space and are perfect for what’s next …
- Statement branches: From a bleached wheat bundle to a faux olive branch, these glorious pieces can add autumn drama to any room.
- Throws: Chunky knits and velour just beg for snuggles, naps and afternoons of college football.
- Candles: Hurricane candleholders make a candle flame safer and add a decorative flare to any home. Choose scents that elicit memories of flannel, hayrides, and apple-picking.
By the way, if you find yourself as a home seller this fall, these tips can also double as staging advice. You’re welcome!