Louisville Ky Home Maintenance
Keep an eye on your home to avoid repairs: Here and There
by MIKE HALL, Owner/Agent/Broker
Make sure every family member knows where the main heating fuel shutoff, electrical fuse/breaker box, main water shutoff and water shutoff valve for toilets, sink faucets, and your washing machine are -- and how to use them.
- Have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, and make sure everyone knows how operate.
- Clean leaves and debris away from the structure of your home, and any basement window wells.
- Test ground fault circuit interrupters in your home.
- Change air filters.
- Turn off appliances when not in use.
- Inspect weather stripping around windows to save on energy.
- Inspect and repair screens to keep bugs out of the house.
- Trim trees and shrubs away from the home.
- Power wash exterior of the home.
- Change batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detector.
- Touch up exterior paint.
- Give your carpets a professional cleaning.
- Check your dryer for lint buildup in hose to prevent fire.
- Don’t overload extension cords and outlets.