Designers Predict the Next Trends for 2018
Ready for a design change or want to get your house ready to sell? Try these design tips.
By Mike Hall, Broker/Agent/Owner
Top designers predict artisan light fixtures will be huge in 2018.
Some top designers are weighing in on what they think will be the trends in 2018. Here’s a quick list of what to watch for, explore, and maybe try in your own home:
- Light purples, lavender, and other soft tones
- Higher contrast rooms, with neutrals mixed with brighter colors
- More circle patterns in accents like pillows, art, and wallpaper
- Shades on the same color on both walls and furniture
- Less brushed silver and more copper or brass fixtures
- Richer color schemes, using more metals, gem tones, velvets, and sheek blacks
- Olive and chartreuse greens
- Localize wood, stone and other natural pieces
- Woven accessories
- Textured and layered wallpaper
- Trim in braver colors
- Broad variations of subway tiles
- Warmer colors
- Velvet couches, pillows, chairs or seat cushions
- Bolder patterns worked into the design
- Local artistry – especially in light fixtures
What trends are you ready to try? We’d love to help you find the house of your dreams – move-in ready or a blank canvas for your creativity. Contact an agent today to find the perfect house in the Louisville area.