Renovating your Louisville Kitchen
Posted by Mike Hall on Saturday, February 20, 2016 at 4:19 PM By Mike Hall / February 20, 2016 Comment
Don’t forget these 7 tips if you’re forgoing a kitchen up haul.
by MIKE HALL Owner/Agent/Broker
Whether you’re renovating your new home, or giving a facelift before a sale, always keep in mind future prospective buyers. Here are seven keys to a successful renovation:
- Remember your workflow. Imagine cooking Thanksgiving dinner, and design around the easiest layout for doing so.
- First and foremost, set your budget. Secondly, decide what features are most important to you. If installing completely new cabinets, keep in mind new cabinetry will take up about one-third of your total budget. This way, you can plan accordingly.
- Precious real estate: Do not give up counter space. Extend with shelving supports if need be, but keep workspace as open as possible.
- Also precious real estate? Cabinet storage: consider a lazy susan, your pantry, even spice and wine rack storage.
- Cohesively tie your colors together- this includes cabinet and wall paint, backsplash, and countertops. Make sure they mesh with your kitchen appliances. I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again: white makes for a clean, open and bright space for every area of the home. Stainless steel is also highly sought after right now.
- Don’t forget to cover surrounding areas. Paint splatter, and remodeling debris don’t look good on your grandmother’s dining room table.
- Even the DIY type needs some help here and there. Consult your local Home Depot or Lowe’s to really add the last bits of expertise. Plus, they have free consultations.
Post a Comment