Spring Home Improvement in Louisville: Inside
Posted by Mike Hall on Monday, March 21, 2016 at 4:11 PM By Mike Hall / March 21, 2016 Comment
Follow this checklist for some spring TLC inside the home.
by MIKE HALL, Owner/Broker/Agent
Winter can be hard on your home, especially if it is an older build.
- Before the major rain hits in Louisville, make sure there is zero reason to suspect a leak. Look up into the attic for any moisture seeping in from the roof.
- Once you have a few days off, open the windows, and spring clean as you air out your home. Turn on your favorite music, and get the entire family involved to make it more bearable.
- Dust furniture, as well as blinds, crown molding and clean the walls with Murphy’s Oil Soap.
- Sweep and mop under rugs and furniture.
- Rent a carpet cleaner to deep clean every inch. On a clear day, beat your rugs outside.
- Wash all throw pillows and blankets.
- Clean your cloth and leather furniture.
- Check for cracks and gaps around windows and doors.
- Replace HVAC filter.
- Check pipes and faucets for leaks.
- Check to make sure your AC unit is operating properly. Summer heat will be here before we know it.
- Any paint touchups are perfect during the cool days when you can dry and ventilate with open windows.