Tis the Season
For Family Tradition
by MIKE HALL, Owner/Broker/Agent
If you’ve ever watched an American Christmas movie, a quintessential scene is that of the family carefully selecting their Christmas tree and bringing it home on the top of their car.
If you are longing for that Clark Griswold experience, you can chop down your own tree at one of the farms below. Check out www.kychristmastreefarms.com for a full list.
- Huber’s Orchard & Winery. 19816 Huber Road, Starlight, Indiana, about 28 miles from downtown Louisville. 812-923-9813. www.huberwinery.com.
- Meyer Christmas Trees. 24619 Tom Evans Road, Borden, Indiana, about 24 miles from Louisville. 812-923-9355. www.indianachristmastree.com.
- Roberts Christmas Tree Farm. 9977 N. County Road 25 E, Seymour, Indiana, 52 miles from Louisville. 812-521-1902. www.indianachristmastree.com.
- Werkmeister Christmas Trees. 966 Clarks Lane (Ky. 1442 W), near Shepherdsville, in Bullitt County, about 20 miles from Louisville. Elizabeth Werkmeister Shafer, 502-543-6084. www.kychristmastreefarms.com.
- George C. Wethington Nursery and Christmas Tree Farm. 10407 Easum Road, Jeffersontown, about 13 miles from downtown Louisville. 502-267-5119 and 502-592-2552.
Source: The Courier-Journal